About Me

South Louisiana
I have been married for 20 years to a great husband and we have 8 children ranging in age from 1 to 18 years. I am a homeschooling mom, which can be very challenging. I love sewing, knitting, reading, gardening and have recently started oil painting. I love to create. I really want to have a blog to show off some of the stuff I create, but I also want to share about my life and family. email me at ctrich8@bellsouth.net

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back home and meeting a new friend!

Well, we are back home and trying to get back on schedule. I have missed blogging and keeping up with everyone else's blog, but there wasn't a lot of free computer time while visiting at my friend's house. We got home Monday night, and I was shocked at the mess in our backyard! I will take some pictures and post them later on in the week. However, I am very thankful that the trees just made a big mess and didn't destroy our home. I really had a lovely week with my best girlfriend and her family.



While visiting, I got to meet a new friend : ) Marie, from the Villa Family, lives about an hour from my friend's house. We have been wanting to meet up and finally got the chance! My dh and I with Samuel, Ava and Austin met for lunch with Marie, her dh Jacob, and Nathan and Maddie. It was SO great to meet her in person. We got along as well as I had imagined we would : ) Marie is even more beautiful than her pictures indicate. Seriously, she looks like a living doll. Her children are gorgeous too, and very well mannered.



After we ate, we took the children to play in the fountain, they had a blast! Mine got soaking wet, of course, and Maddie was SO cute running around in her diaper. She was a good girl, and didn't want to get her clothes wet lol Mine couldn't have cared less! I am borrowing the pictures from Marie's blog because I left my camera in the car. The visit was way too short, she had to be home for Isabella and I had to beat the awful Houston traffic. Hopefully, we can get together again soon and spend more time together : ) We have plans for that now, that include getting to meet Jona too! I am so excited about this!


How cute is she?!!!!


Marie's dh, Jacob, was so sweet and chatted with my oldest son, Austin. MY dh ditched us after lunch for a golf game! Men!!! LOL



I am so glad I followed a link from Kelci's blog months ago and found Marie. It is so neat how God orchestrates these things. We really have so much in common even though I am a good 10 years older than her!!! That fact was a little depressing lol I really feel like I have found a lifelong friend and it is great that she lives fairly close by so that we can meet again : )

9 comments:

Marie said...

How sweet! I was so blessed with our visit and your family. I look forward to more visits when you are back in TX. Glad to hear you made it home safe! Sorry about that awful Houston traffic-even I don't drive in it!

beki said...

How fun! I wish I could have more blogger meet ups. Speaking of which, when are we gonna get together? I'm totally jealous that you'll get to meet Jona!!

Anonymous said...

I just saw the two of you on Marie's blog. Lucky duck! I would love to meet you, and Marie, and Jona, and Anna, and Jody, and...

I'm sorry you had to evacuate, but there's a silver lining in every cloud, isn't there?

Tine said...

So much fun! It looks like you had a great time :-)
It is neat how these things happen! I would love to meet up too.....but....it's a bit far :-(
However, if it weren't for blogging, I wouldn't know you at all! So I still feel blessed :-)

mommyholly said...

That is so neat!!! I love blogging because it allows us all to meet people we never would have been able to!!! :) Glad you had fun, xo!!

cathy gaubert said...

how lucky for you to get to spend time together! it does help to do something fun to make the best out of a yucky situation. :) bummer about the kids' treehouse, though.

Jana Nielson said...

Tonya,
Where are you?? I have been worried about you and your family!! Did you make it through Ike ok???
Let us know soon....***worry***
Jana (Lola)

ladydi said...

Yes, also waiting to hear that you and yours made it through Ike ok. Even as far away as we are, the aftermath of Ike has caused untold damage - I can hardly imagine what happened where you are. Thinking of you, and wishing you well.

Unknown said...

FUn times! There are so many bloggers that I would love to meet. You are one of the lucky ones who got to do that!