About Me

South Louisiana
I have been married for 20 years to a great husband and we have 8 children ranging in age from 1 to 18 years. I am a homeschooling mom, which can be very challenging. I love sewing, knitting, reading, gardening and have recently started oil painting. I love to create. I really want to have a blog to show off some of the stuff I create, but I also want to share about my life and family. email me at ctrich8@bellsouth.net

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Breaking Dawn


I finished Breaking Dawn a few hours ago, and I am so so sad : ( I can't believe I am done reading the series. After all of the other books, I knew I had another one waiting for me, but now there are no more. I can't remember the last time I got so emotionally involved in a book. Unlike alot of the reviews I am reading, I LOVED the book! Maybe it is because I am a mom with similar moral beliefs as Miss Meyer, but I don't see what people are getting so freaked out about. I love how descriptive Stephenie Meyer is and IMO the book and series ended just right. I am gonna miss Bella and Edward and the rest of the Cullen's and werewolves. This was such a great love story. I have always found the myth of vampires fascinating. Like I was telling Amber, I think I need to be a vampire, they don't need sleep! Can you imagine all you could get done?! I thought about this way too much while reading these books LOL I was SO thinking from a busy mom's (woman's) perspective ; ) Of course, drinking blood would be very distasteful, but I could possibly deal with it if I never got tired! Only animal blood, of course >: ] If you havn't read these books, I apologize, I am sure this post makes no sense to you.

Anyway, now that I have finished the series, I will have time for other things like sewing. I did get some sewing done this week between books 3 and 4. My mother heard the desperation in my voice Tuesday and offered to take Samuel and Ava for the day on Wednesday. Austin was at work all day and thankfully the other 4 were calm and didn't fight. It was also my only day where I didn't have anywhere to be. So instead of catching up on housework, I sewed : ) I still have to take pictures, but I finished the elephant from Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts (I always have the hardest time remembering this title!) and a great new bag from Artsy Crafty Babe. I will take pictures tomorrow and post them.

Also, thanks everyone for all of the encouraging comments from my Exhausted post. You can't imagine how much better it made me feel to read that y'all have been there too with bickering children. Like everyone said, things always get better and I realize that not feeling well with the allergies was making dealing with the kids a whole lot harder. Also, my *friend* showed up Tuesday evening, which helps explains why I felt *this* close to exploding! I am feeling so much better now : ) My allergies are still bad, but I don't feel like I want to kill everyone anymore. I really need to get to the health food store and buy some Nettle tea.

4 comments:

Tine said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better! I don't know the books you've been reading, will have to look for them at the library :-)
And....you've been sewing again! YAY! Looking forward to pictures!

mommyholly said...

Omg Tonya, I feel the same exact way! It is soooo sad to be done with them- I have been so involved with them the past couple weeks and now it's over! :( And I agree, I thought the last book was perfect... and the ending was GREAT. At least we can look forward to the movie coming out in December, yay!!! xo!

muralimanohar said...

Blah...I still haven't read them, but I *have* read another post by that girl...argh...gonna send you the link, lol.

Sandra Lundy said...

Wow...you made these books sound really interesting! I'm in the mood for another good book...and this may fit the bill! I'll have a look at the library this week :) LOVE that bag and the fabric, too.