About Me

South Louisiana
I have been married for 20 years to a great husband and we have 8 children ranging in age from 1 to 18 years. I am a homeschooling mom, which can be very challenging. I love sewing, knitting, reading, gardening and have recently started oil painting. I love to create. I really want to have a blog to show off some of the stuff I create, but I also want to share about my life and family. email me at ctrich8@bellsouth.net

Friday, October 23, 2009

Motherhood


Surprise, I am going to blog again before several months go by LOL Here is a new picture of Sophia, she is taking a nap on her Daddy. She is 4 weeks old today, where is the time going : ( She is already weighing around 11 pounds, my babies do not stay little for long. She has those baby zits, I have to force myself not to pop them lol Oh, and she HATES to take a bath. It is the worst time of my day. I can do it in 2 or 3 minutes, but she screams like you are killing her the entire time. She is already smiling and talking to us, I swear she has been smiling almost from day one. You can tell it is a real smile, she looks at you and the smile is in her eyes too. These first 6 to 8 weeks with a new baby are crazy. Mostly wonderful, but also frustrating and exhausting. Overall, Miss FiFi is a wonderful baby. She just has a rough day or night a couple of times a week. Last night was a great night, well once I got her to sleep. She had a belly ache and screamed for about an hour before pooping and then passing out around 11:30. Then she only woke up twice to nurse. For some reason I am fine waking up twice, but three times and I just don't get enough sleep. Before last night, she was getting up 3 or 4 times and not always going back to sleep. Yesterday was rough, but this morning I feel great. Funny how sleep deprivation can make a complete difference in your mood. She also loves her Moby wrap, well a faux Moby wrap, I made my own. I actually got some diaper covers and diapers cut out yesterday while wearing her. I don't think I can sew with her in it though, she likes me walking around doing stuff. I do get dishes and laundry done while she sleeps in it. I try not to use it all the time though, only when she is really fussy and I need to get stuff done. I definitely don't want her to get spoiled to sleeping only when she is strapped to me and I am standing up! LOL No, we only spoil her to being held while rocking her, at least we get to sit down lol I mean, how can you not hold a baby. I do put her in her cradle sometimes and she does pretty good in it at night, but i don't let my babies cry. Just can't do it. Well, she cries, but we hold her while she is crying. I am thankful she at least sleeps in the cradle at night. I don't sleep well with a baby in bed with me. I just doze and jerk awake every 20 minutes or so. I wish I could sleep with the baby, would make my life a lot easier.

I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that she is my last baby : ( Our main reason for this is our age. Chad is 42 and I am 38. Chad will be 60 when Sophia is 18. I want to be alive when my children have grandchildren. I mean, I know there is no guarantee, but the odds get better that you are gonna die, the older you get, KWIM? Also, I know that more people have their children at older ages now, which makes me feel a little better. I won't be the only grandma at her high school graduation lol Anyway, I am totally just rambling, but all this stuff is just swirling in my head, and it feels good to get it out on *paper*. Postpartum hormones can make you a little crazy, well crazier than usual lol

I will be adding a couple more posts in the next few days. I have my Mom's quilt top to share and my mostly finished sewing/laundry room! I know I will post because I already have the pictures uploaded. For some reason, not having pictures taken and on the computer is my main reason for being a bad blogger.

2 comments:

Amber said...

She's so precious...and as much as I miss that baby smell and baby-everything, I don't miss sleepless nights :-)
Glad to see you are back - you don't have to share sewing pictures - more pictures of her are fine :-)

Diane said...

She is a beautiful baby! Glad you are enjoying her!