About Me

South Louisiana
I have been married for 20 years to a great husband and we have 8 children ranging in age from 1 to 18 years. I am a homeschooling mom, which can be very challenging. I love sewing, knitting, reading, gardening and have recently started oil painting. I love to create. I really want to have a blog to show off some of the stuff I create, but I also want to share about my life and family. email me at ctrich8@bellsouth.net

Friday, March 14, 2008

Long time no blog LOL


I was doing so good for several weeks, but it has been awhile since my last post. I went out of town for a ladies retreat, and when I got back it took me a few weeks to get back in the groove of things. I almost hate taking trips because it is always so hard for me to get back to my regular routine. I am such a creature of habit, that I don't do well when that routine gets messed up. While I was away in Gulf Shores, Alabama for the weekend, my amazing dh took all 7 (yes I said ALL 7!!!) kids tent camping. What a man! I wouldn't have attempted that in a million years, but Chad is super laid back, he and the kids had a great time. They didn't have the camera, so no pictures : ( They only came back with a few cuts and bruises, nothing serious LOL

Since I was in a funk, I havn't gotten much sewing done. However, I did finish this apron for my SIL, Gloria's birthday. I am also making some matching dishtowels, but I am not quite finished with those yet. Will take pictures when I am. This is the Friday Night Apron from Vanilla House Designs. I have made it before for one of my best girlfriends. When my SIL, who is also one of my best friends, saw it she requested one for her birthday : )

Here I am modeling the apron, it is also reversible.



Here is a closeup of the front side pocket





Savannah got these pictures of Ava "helping" me sew last night LOL She always does this, it is cute until she starts pulling on my project and hitting all of the machines buttons LOL She was being pretty good last night, thank goodness. She will also take any scrap fabric she can find and lay it out like she is doing something with it, then she picks it up again and starts all over. She mimics me, it is so cute, I am sure she will be a sewer one day. Her older sisters already enjoy sewing and are getting quite good at it. I will have to share some of their projects soon. All three older girls each have their own sewing machines, but always want to sew on mine. I think it is because my much more expensive machine sews so much more smoothly. I wish less expensive machines weren't so jumpy, it makes it hard for beginning sewers to get good results. However, I can't afford a $700 machine for everyone in the house LOL





Anyway, I seem to be back in the groove with life, so hopefully I will have more posts soon! I have LOTS of projects that I need to get done!

No comments: