About Me

South Louisiana
I have been married for 20 years to a great husband and we have 8 children ranging in age from 1 to 18 years. I am a homeschooling mom, which can be very challenging. I love sewing, knitting, reading, gardening and have recently started oil painting. I love to create. I really want to have a blog to show off some of the stuff I create, but I also want to share about my life and family. email me at ctrich8@bellsouth.net

Monday, March 17, 2008

Matching Dishtowels

Here are the matching dishtowels for the Friday Night Apron. I did these a little differently than the first ones I tried. I took the feedsack dishtowels that I bought at Target and cut them in half and trimmed off all the selvage edges. Then I put a binding around the raw edges. This is a 1 inch binding, but I think I will do a 3/4" next time. This one was too big. I just put a rectangle of matching fabric about 2-3 inches up from the bottom. I didn't measure, just eyeballed it LOL I am not sure if I am liking this or not, I am planning on trying something different, just not sure what yet. My SIL loved the gift : )

1 comment:

Felicia said...

They're fabulous :)