About Me

South Louisiana
I have been married for 20 years to a great husband and we have 8 children ranging in age from 1 to 18 years. I am a homeschooling mom, which can be very challenging. I love sewing, knitting, reading, gardening and have recently started oil painting. I love to create. I really want to have a blog to show off some of the stuff I create, but I also want to share about my life and family. email me at ctrich8@bellsouth.net

Friday, November 14, 2008

Please pray for my nephew Pierce

My 10 year old nephew was brought to the hospital yesterday morning having seizures. He was conscious but could not speak. No one knows what happened. He was in the back when they found him already having the seizure. He has no known medical problems and had not been sick. He is in ICU right now, and they still have no clue what is going on. A CAT scan showed his brain was fine, no brain damage. And so far his spinal tap cultures are coming back normal. They were thinking he might have meningitis or encephalitis. As you can imagine, we are all terrified. He is such a sweet young boy, always happy and full of energy. Please pray that they can find out what is going on and that it will be something that can be cured. It is heartbreaking to watch my SIL, she keeps saying "you know, sometimes you don't get to keep your babies." : ( It is like she is trying to prepare herself for the worst. I havn't gotten an update yet this morning, I am praying that they will have some good news when I call.

You can see Pierce in this picture, he is in the middle row, in back of Samuel and next to Isabella.

6 comments:

Tine said...

Your SIL saying that made me cry :(
I will pray for Pierce. When children suffer it is almost unbearable!
I pray you hear good news today too...

kellie: thelemondime said...

thank you for telling us about your nephew. i am in tears. i just can't imagine what you are all going through. we will be praying doctors will have wisdom in this and peace for your family. what a testimony he will have when he recovers from this!

beki said...

I will certainly be praying for him, and for you all!

Anonymous said...

Little Pierce is in my thoughts and prayers.
Know that you and your family are in my thoughts today and that Im praying that you hear some good news soon.
Hugs,
Spring

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you all and your brother's family...may God give the doctors wisdom to determine what is wrong.

Anonymous said...

Pierce and the rest of you are in my thoughts and prayers. God bless him and keep him safe, please God help his family through this rough patch and give Pierce the strength to be a normal, healthy little boy again. Amen.