About Me

South Louisiana
I have been married for 20 years to a great husband and we have 8 children ranging in age from 1 to 18 years. I am a homeschooling mom, which can be very challenging. I love sewing, knitting, reading, gardening and have recently started oil painting. I love to create. I really want to have a blog to show off some of the stuff I create, but I also want to share about my life and family. email me at ctrich8@bellsouth.net

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Beautiful Weather and a beautiful Mother





The weather was so beautiful last Sunday, that I took some pictures of Sophia with my Mom. I must say that I have the best Mother in the world. We are literally best friends, rarely a day goes by that we don't talk on the phone. Even when I was in those lovely teen years we were close. And it wasn't because I was easy, I could be quite the little lying, non obeying snot LOL But she would let me stay home from school and we would go eat in the mall, people watch and see a movie together. These are still some of the best memories of my life. She is an awesome grandmother, my children adore their Maw Maw. I only hope one day that I can be just like her with my grandchildren. You will never meet a more giving, loving lady, ask anyone who knows her. She loves to feed people, help people and is the best example of a *true* Christian I have ever seen. She would literally give you the shirt off of her back if you needed it. She goes above and beyond to help people that no one else wants to bother with and doesn't want or expect any recognition for it. She has made it possible for me to raise 8 children, she is always there on a really hard day to come over and help or just to listen to me. I love my Mom more than words can say!

I didn't really plan to write this, but I guess you can call it an early Mother's Day post lol


An extra picture of Samuel, because he wanted to show everyone he lost a front tooth : )

2 comments:

Marie said...

I love her chubby legs peeking through under her little dress! She is so adorable Tonya! Yay for Samuel losing his first tooth. Nathan hasn't lost any teeth yet. Hope you're having a great week!

Anonymous said...

Aww....all those pictures are so cute!!!

Congrats on the lost tooth!!!