About Me

South Louisiana
I have been married for 20 years to a great husband and we have 8 children ranging in age from 1 to 18 years. I am a homeschooling mom, which can be very challenging. I love sewing, knitting, reading, gardening and have recently started oil painting. I love to create. I really want to have a blog to show off some of the stuff I create, but I also want to share about my life and family. email me at ctrich8@bellsouth.net

Friday, September 10, 2010

crazy ramblings

Not a great picture, but I hate to blog without posting a pic and all of my good pictures are on my computer, which has a virus : / This was taken on Bella's phone, it is Sophia and Sydney.


Hey everyone, just wanted to stop in and let some steam off. I don't know how much of this will make any sense and to be honest, I am not sure if I will even hit publish post. ha! Things have been so crazy ever since I got pregnant for Sophia. I really thought circumstances in my life were the reason, and they were to some extent, but I finally went to the dr. and realize now that my body is probably the main reason. I tend to go for a more holistic approach to medicine and thankfully my ob feels the same way. I had lots of testing done and found out that my vitamin D levels are almost nonexistent, I am deficient in iodine, my adrenal gland is stressed, I am low on progesterone and probably more that I just don't know about yet. I have started on the necessary vitamins and natural progesterone cream and am praying I start feeling better soon! I am only a week in, and realize that it will take a little while to get back to normal, but I can't wait! I am so ready to feel normal again!

On a positive note, my family is doing so well. Parker and Sydney are doing very well in the private school they are attending, it was a great transition from home schooling. The little ones are getting big and we are really enjoying Sophia, she is going to be 1 year old at the end of the month! There is sadness knowing that she is my last little one, but I am really looking forward to the next part of my life. LOL not like this one is over by any means, I still have at least 17 years with children around : D But no more babies, until grandchildren come along that is! I figure I have at least 5 years until that happens though. I am so greatly blessed (which makes my feeling crappy even more frustrating), I can say I have the EXACT life I have always dreamed of. I wouldn't change a thing! I also can't express how lucky I am to have married the man I did. He is perfect for *me*. He takes all my craziness in stride and loves me no matter what lol

I will say in all of this, my hobbies have helped to keep me sane. I am over halfway done with the quilting on my Mom's quilt. I know, I know it is taking forever, but I am doing a fairly complicated pattern, at least for me, and this is my first try at free motion quilting. I also have a little sewing class, I am teaching one young mama how to knit and another one how to sew. This is so enjoyable, I love visiting with them as much as I love teaching them to do these things that I love so much. We have babies around the same age, of course, they are young and I am O L D LOL Funny how it seems like just yesterday when I was that young mom, I really don't feel much different than I did then, maybe because I do still have young children.

Oh, and the small thing that made my morning....this line of fabric!!!! I havn't loved a whole line like this since Urban Chiks 1974 line came out and I used it to make my first quilt. Thinking I will be buying quite a bit of it.

thanks for reading if you got this far, I miss all of my blog friends, even though I do keep up with all of y'all through your blogs. Hopefully the next time I blog I will be feeling better and making more sense : D

6 comments:

Amber said...

Hubby keeps telling me we need another baby - too funny (we aren't having anymore). Hope the new approach to your health works out well - that is the worst feeling! I'm sure you do too much too and it's good you have sewing to take a little break every now and then! You still look really young :-)
And yes, no matter how crazy life gets it's nice to count all our blessings isn't it?! Glad you are back :-)

Autum said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. Good thing you got it checked out! I can't believe Sofia is already one. She's such a sweetie pie. Being a mom is wonderful, but just you wait till you get a taste of being a grandma, it's even better!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you haven't been feeling well.

I am all about holistic medicine also. And being iodine deficient...THAT is a doozy! Believe me I know. I have fibrocystic breast disease... which is very painful. After talking to a lady at my local health food store, she recommended taking iodine supplements. I started out taking kelp (a food based source) without any change. About a month ago I started taking Iodoral, and WOW! the difference was amazing. No more pain.
I also take an adrenal support vitamin.
I also started cutting all processed foods out of my diet.
I feel so much better than I did.
I know I probably sound like some big advertisement :) but this is what worked for me.

I hope you notice some change soon.
Take care!!!

Anonymous said...

Your ramblings aren't crazy at all, Tonya! I hope you feel better soon. Not feeling like yourself is the pits! I've been working on getting back to my old self as well. Thank goodness for our creative outlets. Mine have sure been my lifeline!!

Mands said...

I hate that you feel so bad but I am so glad that you are on your way out of it and that you feel better soon. Being one of the mommas you are teaching- I can say that you are NOT OLD. But I can say I have been a poor student and not sewing as I should...bleh...I hate being apprehensive. I want to wake up tomorrow and be AMAZING at sewing. Now look at me blabbing on a comment. I shouldn't hit publish comment :/ but I am!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Sorry to hear that you have been feeling unwell and hope that it isn't too long before you are feeling so much brighter. How wonderful that you are teaching some younger mothers to craft - it is wonderful to have a creative outlet!