About Me

South Louisiana
I have been married for 20 years to a great husband and we have 8 children ranging in age from 1 to 18 years. I am a homeschooling mom, which can be very challenging. I love sewing, knitting, reading, gardening and have recently started oil painting. I love to create. I really want to have a blog to show off some of the stuff I create, but I also want to share about my life and family. email me at ctrich8@bellsouth.net

Monday, September 20, 2010

NOLA and Best Friends

nola9nola4

Saturday morning, my 3 best girlfriends and I took a little getaway to The Big Easy. We had a free hotel room on Canal Street, so it was an inexpensive getaway at that! Let me just say, I needed this. I have never been away from Sophia for more than a few hours, not to mention all my other children. I knew I would miss them, but it was so nice to only have myself to think of for 36 hours. I just love New Orleans, it is such a beautiful and unique city. It is only 2 hours from where I live, so it is easy to just take off for the day or the night. We often go with the children for the day to visit the zoo or the aquarium. Great food too, I know that goes without saying lol

nola6 nola5

We stopped at Target when we were first getting into town for some snacks and necessities that we forgot. It was a nice 2 story Target, but we forced ourselves to get what we needed and leave because Lord knows we were not in New Orleans to go to Target! We do that all the time at home lol

New Orleans nola10

My girlfriends are funny, crazy(in a good way:D) ladies and it was so nice to let my hair down and just relax and have fun! We ate a lot, walked a whole lot, window shopped and I danced : D Did I say that I danced? Yes, I definitely danced. I think I need to go dancing more often, I forgot how much fun it is. Oh, and you can't beat people watching in New Orleans, lots and lots of interesting people to see!

I was a little worried about Sophia because she is still breastfed and usually wakes up once a night to nurse. Well, the little booger slept allll night for her Daddy lol He said she was crying for me Sunday morning, but the rest of the time she did great. She was ready to nurse when I got home, and I was ready to feed her. lol

All photos courtesy of my crazy girlfriend Jessica ; D

2 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Looks like an amazing getaway!!

I remember spending a wonderful holiday in new Orleans about 15 years ago - such an interesting and colourful city - with delicious food.

Glad that the getaway helped to recharge your batteries:)

Anonymous said...

Hi my real name is John and I'm a medical study guy due trolling about here reading...I've got a elephantine project on veneers coming up and have had to frame a milieu in place of it...looking as a remedy for some contributors...anyone conscious anything take cosmetic veneers? Willing to contribute? I am compiling a news @ getveneers.org. They are used to: camouflage damaged, stained or misshaped surfaces of your teeth . I'm confident you recognize [b]cosmetic porcelain veneers[/b] are a means that longing change teeth look in toto natural.

They are a good decision to improve the appearance of your front teeth.

[b]color[/b]
[b]bulk
state
appearance.
more heavy-duty and color firm than bonding[/b]

The significant love about cosmetic veneers is they permit a hidebound overtures to long-lasting, crucial cosmetic changes. They can be acclimatized to cover a number of dental conditions that counterfeit the air teeth including:

[b]Spaces between the teeth, diastemas
Misshapen or crooked teeth
Pulverized or chipped teeth
Non-stop stained or discolored teeth
Unprepossessing or stained fillings
Lighten teeth
Teeth discolored from medication or majority[/b]

If you are interested in contributing communication on cosmetic porcelain veneers, entertain visit: http://getveneers.org