About Me

South Louisiana
I have been married for 20 years to a great husband and we have 8 children ranging in age from 1 to 18 years. I am a homeschooling mom, which can be very challenging. I love sewing, knitting, reading, gardening and have recently started oil painting. I love to create. I really want to have a blog to show off some of the stuff I create, but I also want to share about my life and family. email me at ctrich8@bellsouth.net

Monday, June 2, 2008

MIA

Sorry, I know I have been missing in action. I went from posting everyday, to not posting for almost a week! I guess I got a little burnt out : ( I was a little under the weather this weekend as well, I am feeling much better today, though.

I don't have much to show for my absence LOL I haven't done much sewing. I have a little dress that I still need to finish. I hope to get back in the swing of things this week.

I did go to the flea market/antique store Friday afternoon, and found a few treasures. Some more plates that will eventually go on the wall in my kitchen and this beautiful Dutch wall plaque. I love the colors! I also found a few more vintage patterns.







I forgot to share this beautiful teapot my Mom bought for me from the antique store. I had admired it when we went shopping, but it was too expensive, so she went back and got it for me : )



Dh is painting the house, and we went to Home Depot to pick up the paint yesterday. Our house is red brick and we picked a dark grey for the facial boards. While there, I picked up some more hydrangeas. These are also the Endless Summer, but they are white! They are called Blushing Bride, how fitting is that! LOL This whole flower bed is pretty much hydrangeas now, these are one of my favorite flowers and I love the fact that they come back each year. No replanting.


Here is another one of my Gladiolas, this one is light purple



What is up with Google this morning?! I have had a heck of a time trying to get to my blog or save anything! It must be Monday! LOL

Oh, I just remembered that The Bachelorette comes on tonight!!!! This is my one and only tv show that I look forward to now that LOST is over until FEBRUARY!!!! I don't have many tv shows that I HAVE to watch, but when I get addicted to one, I am VERY loyal LOL I love that it is The Bachelorette this time, lots of cute guys to look at ; )

While I was outside taking pictures of the flowers, I saw this gorgeous butterfly



6 comments:

Heidi said...

Hi Tonya, So glad to see you back!...And I know what you mean about Google this morning!???? So frustrating!!!....I am absolutely loving those gorgeous plates you found (and the vintage patterns!)...I collect transferware, so wish they all were mine! Need to go sew a couple more baby blankets before the Bachlorette starts! We're hooked too! We'll chat again soon!....heidi :)

Jana Nielson said...

I've missed you!! I'm glad that you are back, and I hope that you are feeling 100% soon.
Great finds....especially the butterfly!!

Tine said...

What great finds! The plates are beautiful! I hope you feel better soon, it's so awful to be sick when it's hot and synny outside :-(

beki said...

I wish I could grow hyrdangeas, but I never have had any luck.

mommyholly said...

Oh I love those plates and the teapot!!! So awesome! I feel like going to some antique stores, I havent been in forever!

mommyholly said...

oooh and Ps. I am addicted to the Bachelorette too!!! Love DeAnna, I think she is suchn awesome girl, and those boys are cuuuuuute! :)