About Me

South Louisiana
I have been married for 20 years to a great husband and we have 8 children ranging in age from 1 to 18 years. I am a homeschooling mom, which can be very challenging. I love sewing, knitting, reading, gardening and have recently started oil painting. I love to create. I really want to have a blog to show off some of the stuff I create, but I also want to share about my life and family. email me at ctrich8@bellsouth.net

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Clothes for my babies

I have had these two projects cut out since like September. Two of my daughters, Sydney 11 and Isabella 10 were going to make these themselves, but once we started cutting them out we realized that they were too difficult for beginning sewers. So, Mom finished them : )

Just an edit to say if you click on the pictures, you can see the details much better. For some reason the pictures look out of focus on the blog.

The first one is Isabella's, she picked out everything, the pattern, the fabric, the butterfly appliques and the rick rack. I think it came out really cute. It is black linen, you can see my cat Zsa Zsa has been laying on it. She lays on all of my projects on the sewing table, little turd! This was my first time sewing an applique on. I think it came out pretty decent, I got the hang of it while doing the first one, so the second one came out much prettier.

Here is a picture of one of the butterfly appliques close up.


This vest is for my 11 year old Sydney, she picked all of her fabric and notions out as well. We decided on the machine embroidery once I started sewing. I have had my Kenmore 19606 for over a year now, and this was my first time trying out some of my fancy stitches. SO much fun! We used a silvery blue embroidery thread, I think it made the vest more interesting without being tacky.
This is a close up of the back of the vest. My first time making yo yo's, I got the tutorial from hellomynameisheather.

I made a bunch, but she only wanted these two on the back. There are so many things I can do with these yo yo's, I LOVE them. I will be using them on lots more projects.

Here is a close up of the machine embroidery.

I used a pretty blue circle fabric to finish the arm seam. I thought that more denim would be way too thick. I had some of this fabric left over from this project. I think it looks so cute, I wish I would have had enough to do the entire lining in.
All in all I am very happy with how these two items turned out, and so are the girls. I think they are planning on wearing them to church tomorrow. I will post some pictures of them wearing them soon.

No comments: