About Me

South Louisiana
I have been married for 20 years to a great husband and we have 8 children ranging in age from 1 to 18 years. I am a homeschooling mom, which can be very challenging. I love sewing, knitting, reading, gardening and have recently started oil painting. I love to create. I really want to have a blog to show off some of the stuff I create, but I also want to share about my life and family. email me at ctrich8@bellsouth.net

Friday, April 4, 2008

I Give Up (for now)

I spent all of my sewing time yesterday trying to fix that %@#^ Lotus Tunic. I now realize, for it to look right, I am going to have to take the whole thing apart, and redo all of the seams. I am too much of a perfectionist to just rig it. The fact that it has a lining makes altering it much more difficult. I know I should just toss it, the fabric was only $1.50 a yard, but I really like the fabric. I am going to make another one out of different fabric for sure, I love the pattern. And now that I know what I am doing, I am sure it will come out great. I think I will try something else for now though, I kinda want to puke when I see that particular pattern right now LOL

Before I do anything else, I need to make a Maya wrap for Chad's coworker's daughter. She is due to have a baby boy any day now. I bought some lightweight linen and am going to embellish it with some machine embroidery and applique. I am thinking an elephant would be cute. Chad asks me everyday when he gets home if I have done it yet. I guess I need to get my butt in gear :O

We are going to St. Francisville next weekend, just me and him!!!!!!! I am so excited! My Mom and Dad are going to watch the kids. We will have 3 days and 2 nights to just do whatever we want! We havn't done this since I was pregnant for my 5th child, Savannah. She is now 8 years old. We are long overdue. We are staying at an old plantation that is a bed and breakfast. We will probably just eat and shop at antique shops, maybe tour a few old plantations. It sounds like pure heaven! I am hoping to have a few things made to wear, but we shall see. I am not having much luck with that right now (what an understatement! )

Oh, and I moved my sewing area around two weekends ago. My sewing area is in my room, so it doesn't look like a big difference. However, it really improved the space in my room. I moved the big cutting table into the corner where my sewing machine was, and moved my sewing machine table in front of the window where the table was. For some reason, the constant mess on the sewing table doesn't look as bad now : ) And it makes my bedroom a little roomier. Here are some before and after shots.

Before
After

2 comments:

beki said...

Uhoh, now I'm kind of scared of that tunic...I was thinking about getting it. You aren't the first person I've read about having problems with it.
Your upcoming getaway sounds wonderful! I love St. Francisville!!

Tonya said...

I really think the problem with the tunic is mine. I was trying to mess with the fit. I should have just followed the directions and used a 1/2 inch seam allowance. If it weren't for the lining I could have fixed it with no problem. It came out really cute, that is why I was trying so hard to salvage it. I am going to make another one soon, after I get a few other things out of the way, I will let you know if that one comes out with no problems LOL