About Me

South Louisiana
I have been married for 20 years to a great husband and we have 8 children ranging in age from 1 to 18 years. I am a homeschooling mom, which can be very challenging. I love sewing, knitting, reading, gardening and have recently started oil painting. I love to create. I really want to have a blog to show off some of the stuff I create, but I also want to share about my life and family. email me at ctrich8@bellsouth.net

Monday, April 7, 2008

Lots of sewing!




I sewed all weekend long, starting on Friday afternoon. I started with the Maya wrap sling I have been needing to make. I decided on an off white, tissue weight linen for the wrap. It is for a little boy and I couldn't find anything remotely cute for little boys at JoAnns. Linen is always a winner, and I figured I could spruce it up with a little bit of machine embroidery. The wrap is easy to put together, I followed these directions. I made a wide hem all the way around, so that I would have somewhere to embroider without using interfacing. I think it came out really cute. I am going to buy some different colors of embroidery thread next time it goes on sale. I am kind of wearing out that ice blue LOL I have a couple hundred decorative stitches on my sewing machine, I sure am enjoying trying them out!




On Saturday I cut out and completely finished a skirt using this Amy Butler fabric. It came out really nice and it fits! Not as loosely as I like my clothes to fit, but I can actually wear it! Next time, I will add a few inches to the waist. I started this top to go with the skirt yesterday, I am going to try to finish it today. I made the outfit to wear this weekend on my St. Francisville get away! I will take a picture of me wearing the outfit when I finish the top.

It was a very productive weekend, especially for me, I don't usually do this much sewing all at once. Now, my house was a complete disaster this morning, but it was worth it. Wish I could do this every weekend ; )

5 comments:

Holly said...

What a beautiful wrap! Wonderful detail!

Holly said...

:-) Tee hee... my second comment.... whatcha doin in St. Francisville? My mother in laws family is from there. I think it would be such fun to go to a B&B and hand out for a weekend. They have some really cute shops. Have fun!

Tonya said...

LOL Holly

It took me seeing this comment to put you together with your blog! You would think with 3 cups of coffee in me, i would be a little quicker this morning.

We are staying at an old plantation, I can't remember the name right now (I think it is the Cotton Plantation, not sure though). They bring coffee to your room each morning and serve a full breakfast. Dh and I are just going to relax, get a break from the 7 kids LOL We will probably tour some old plantations and shop in antique shops, I LOVE antique shops. Oh, and eat LOL We havn't gone away together, just us, in years, so are really looking forward to it.

Tine said...

....you've been tagged!

Anonymous said...

[p]This is certainly largely directed at encouraging gals of any age for making their own individual jewellery building [url=http://www.linksoflondonbraceleted.co.uk]links of london sale[/url] a mixture and match up of all of the model beads that come in different colors . Start, will be focused on the particular generation regarding [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]links of london charms[/url] good quality gold diamond jewelry special type . Fashionistas everywhere know that attention to detail can raise the [url=http://www.linksoflondonringuk.co.uk]links of london bracelets uk[/url] ordinary to extraordinary levels . Probably the most desired array of elegant assortment Club thomas [url=http://www.linksoflondonringuk.co.uk]links of london ring[/url] sabo UK originated with director Susanne Kolbli innovative idea . Edwards said [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]wholesale links of london[/url] the new collection boasted innovative designs with an emphasis on collectability and personalisation . Flower European Beads Jewelry for Christmas

Flower European Beads Jewelry for Christmas



This design is a jewelry set including a bracelet and a pair of earrings . These variables have got a superior operation get pleasure from a first-class complete to think about along with the make a thomas sabo sabo charms constructive change of value selection . All those chains come ready-made with a clasp or clip, and may include a safety chain, or an extension [url=http://www.llinksoflondon.co.uk]links london charms[/url] chain.[/p]