About Me

South Louisiana
I have been married for 20 years to a great husband and we have 8 children ranging in age from 1 to 18 years. I am a homeschooling mom, which can be very challenging. I love sewing, knitting, reading, gardening and have recently started oil painting. I love to create. I really want to have a blog to show off some of the stuff I create, but I also want to share about my life and family. email me at ctrich8@bellsouth.net

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Samuel and Zoey (a boy and his cat)



My dh told me of this recent conversation he had with Samuel.

Sam: Daddy, do we have to give my kitty away?

Dad: Yes, we already have two cats and a dog, 3 cats is too many. Don't worry, we will find her a good home.

Sam: Ok, Daddy. Will I get to see Zoey again one day in heaven?

Dad: (feeling VERY guilty) Yes, Sam, you can see her again one day in heaven.

Sam: (holding Zoey in his arms) It's ok Zoey, don't cry, one day we will get to see each other again in heaven.



I swear, I had NOTHING to do with this, but guess who gets to keep the kitten! LOLOLOL Samuel walks around holding this kitten constantly, and she is so mild mannered that she lets him pretty much do what he wants with her. Of course, he is very gentle. I explained early on that we cannot hold the cat off the ground by her neck! I guess Chad has noticed how much Samuel loves her, and even though he really didn't want to keep her, he's a good Daddy. I DID try to find her a home, but all of the calls I got either wanted a short haired cat, or an outside cat. I can't just give her away to anyone. I am sure he is gonna be upset again when the time comes to neuter her, he HATES spending large amounts of money on the animals. Lord, please don't let her start tearing up the furniture or peeing in places other than the litterbox?! I don't want any more reasons for dh to regret his decision. So, Miss Zoey gets to stay : D



The pictures were taken the other night. Dh said after Samuel got out of his bath. He grabbed the sleeping kitty off the bed, put her on his chest and passed out. How cute is this?! He lays with her like this all the time while watching tv.


Here is Zoey being mildly naughty, she decided she wanted to sleep in the cabinet where the toilet paper is stored. She had a little fun with it before she took her nap.



Oh, and my little orange elephant now has eyes and his ears where they belong : )

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute is that? Well I think it is the cutest. When children love pets, it is wonderful. That is how mother nature intended things to be.
Yes, we live near Pensacola. Not too excited about Gustav either. Don't like being on the east side of a hurricane.
BTW, I love the elephant. I bought that book for that exact reason. I cannot wait to cut one out. He is soooooooo cute!

beki said...

Aww, kitties like that are one of a kind! My last cat was super sweet, but the one we have now is a terror!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so sweet! I am glad he gets to keep his kitty!

Marie said...

Oh my goodness, those pics of Sam and Zoey are so stinkin adorable! Your elephant is so cute! I think you made a great choice with the button eyes-who is it for?

Tine said...

Aaaaawwwwwwwww! What a sweet boy he is! "don't cry we'll see each other in heaven". How truly adorable is that?! And those pictures are sooooooooooo cute! I am so glad Samuel got to keep his cat! He clearly loves it dearly! With a large family, if you have pets you need a lot!

Your elephant is wonderful, I love the orange fabric :-)

muralimanohar said...

Aw..that's so sweet. We have a boy and his pug here, and it's just as adorable. No matter how over it I might be, I could never bring myself to break his heart by insisting it has to go. :)

And the elephant is So cute! :p

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

That is the sweetest story! The picture of Samuel and Zoey is priceless.

Jona Giammalva said...

I'm so happy he gets to keep the kitty! It would be tragic to separate them now! So cute!

Sandra Lundy said...

Too Cute....now, he must keep that cat! :)

sharleen.2cupsofcoffee said...

So sweet. I'd have to let him keep the cat too.

The elephant is adorable too.

Heidi said...

Hi Tonya, I am so thrilled that Samuel gets to keep his little friend!!! I KNEW your husband was going to give in! :)...mine always has too!!! And then after he has, he is the one who ends up taking care & loving each dog & cat the most! We have 3 large dogs & 3 adopted cats!.....Enjoy your weekend!...Heidi Xo P.S. I have a little award for you on my blog!...Holly has convinced me to start reading Twilight! :)

Petra said...

Congratulations on these two cuties, that dear boy and his lovely kitty! And, of course, on your kind husband who's apparently got some sense, lol... Love the elephant, too! It's always a pleasure to read your blog, a lot going on with such a numerous family, I really like that! All the best to you guys!!! :)

muralimanohar said...

Psst..I passed an award back your way on my blog!! :p

ladydi said...

I do love a story with a happy ending! Who got to tell Sam he could keep the kitty?